BS6 Norms have been implemented in the country since April 2020, Updating the cars to these new emission standards has a mild effect on its power and mileage output. In terms of data, this difference may not be as large. But due to the ever-increasing fuel prices and inflation, it can definitely seem more to you. Here are the 9 most efficient cars in India.
Top 9 Most Efficient Cars In India
1. Honda Jazz (Diesel)
- ARAI Mileage: 27.3 Kmpl /l ( manual )
- Price Range: Rs 7.45 – 9.4 lakh ( Ex-showroom Delhi )
- Pros: Smooth engine, good ride quality, safety and top end power of the car
- Cons: Idling speed, bottom end power
Honda Jazz is powered by a 1498cc engine which produces 98.6bhp at 3600rpm of power and 200Nm at 1750rpm of torque. The car is available in three variants: S, V and VX. This car is offered with two engines: 1.2 litre petrol and 1.5 litre diesel motor. however, on the other hand this car comes with Features like: dual front airbags, rear parking sensors and speed sensing door locks, ABS with EBD are offered as standard which means in top model except these features you’ll lot many premium options there.
2. Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS ( Diesel )
- ARAI Mileage: 26.2 kmpl (manual),
- Price Range: ₹ 5.06 – 8.29 Lakh ( Ex-showroom Delhi )
- Pros: Affordable price range, loaded features, Easy to drive.
- Cons: Inconsistent Ride quality, No AMT option on top-spec trim, Diesel Clatter
The New GRAND i10 NIOS comes with a bold stance and a modern design. The car is available in five variants: Era, Magna, Sportz, Sportz Dual Tone, and Asta respectively. It is offered with both petrol and diesel engines. The 1.2 litre petrol unit produces 83PS/Nm, Therefore the diesel motor develops 75PS/190Nm. Both engines are offered with either a 5-speed MT or a 5-speed AMT.
3. Hyundai Xcent ( Diesel )
- ARAI Mileage: 25.4 kmpl ( manual )
- Price Range: ₹ 5.81 – 8.75 lakh ( Ex-showroom Delhi )
- Pros: Fuel efficient, good ride quality, good build quality
- Cons: Acceleration and pick up needs tuning, interior designs can be improved
The Hyundai Xcent is offered in 5 colors: Fiery Red, Polar White, Alpha Blue Typhoon Silver and Titan Grey. The Xcent is offered with both petrol and diesel engines. Xcent gets a 1.2 litre engine which is offered with both a 3-cylinder and 4-cylinder option which produce 75PS/190Nm and 83PS/114Nm respectively.
4. Ford Freestyle ( Diesel )
- ARAI Mileage: 23.80 kmpl ( manual)
- Price Range: ₹ 5.99 – 8.49 lakh ( Ex-showroom Delhi )
- Pros: Good Features Line-up, SUV appeal yet with Car like handling, good quality build
- Cons: Missing styling features, no projector headlights and LED Drl’s
The BS6 Ford Freestyle is offered in four variants: Ambiente, Trend, Titanium and Titanium+. The Ford Freestyle is offered with two BS6 engine options: 1.2 litre petrol and 1.5 litre diesel which produces 96PS/119Nm and 100PS/215Nm respectively.
Both engines are mated to a 5-speed manual transmission only. However there is no need of automatic option in these are this car is fun to drive car For instance you can do drifting and other crazy off-road stuffs with this car.
This car have capability to do off road also so, negative point is this car lacks in many features like projector headlamps, cruise control, but trust us this car never disappoint you whenever you want to drive crazy.
5. Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- ARAI Mileage: 24.12 km/1( with AMT gearbox ), 23.26 km / l ( manual ).
- Price Range: ₹ 5.89 – 8.8 lakh ( Ex-showroom Delhi ).
- Pros: Refined and economical petrol engine, good ride quality.
- Cons: Poor build quality and fit and finish.
Maruti Dzire is the highest mileage petrol car in the country. It gets a 1.2-litre BS6 Dual VVT dual-jet petrol engine (90 Bhp / 113 Newton-meter). Mild-hybrid technology is available with its AMT gearbox, due to which it gives such a good mileage figure. It comes in a total of four variants: LXi, VXi, ZXi and ZXi +.
6. Renault Kwid
- ARAI mileage: 22.5 km / l ( 1.0-liter amt ), 22.3 km / l ( 1.0-liter manual )
- Price Range: ₹ 2.92 – 5.01 Lakhs ( Ex-showroom Delhi )
- Pros: Features loaded car, best design in the segment, good choice for city driving condition.
- Cons: Poor NVH level and build quality, AMT gearbox is unable to pick up speed quickly.
Renault Kwid comes second in the list of best mileage cars. It is the most stylish car in its segment. For SUV styling, this car comes with two engine options 0.8 liter (54 bhp / 72 newton-meter) and 1.0 liter (68 bhp / 91 newton-meter) respectively. A 5-speed manual gearbox is standard with both engines. At the same time, the AMT (Automated Manual Transmission) gearbox is also available in the climber variant with its 1.0-liter engine. It is available in a total of 5 variants Standard, RXE, RXL, RXT and Climber.
7. Maruti Alto 800
- ARAI mileage: 22.05 km / l
- Price Range: ₹ 2.94 – 4.36 Lakh ( Ex-showroom Delhi )
- Pros: Affordable price range, optional co-driver airbags in all variants.
- Cons: Compact size, lack of features like power steering and AC in the base variant.
The Alto 800 comes in 5 variants Standard, Standard (O), LXi, LXi (O), VXi and VXi + respectively. It gets a 0.8-liter, 800 cc, 3-cylinder BS6 petrol engine which produce (48 BhP / 69nm). The company also offers a factory-fitted CNG kit along with a fuel economy of 31.59 km/kg, but if you are planning to buy this car go for VXI variant which is value for money variant.
8. Maruti Wagnor 1.1
- ARAI Mileage: 21.79 km / l ( with both manual and AMT gearbox )
- Price Range: ₹ 4.45 – 5.94 Lakhs ( Ex-showroom Delhi )
- Pros: Comfort City Car, Nice Space,
- Cons: Poor material quality, adjustable headrest, height-adjustable driver seat and no alloy wheels option .
The Maruti Wagon-R comes with a 1.0-liter, 3-cylinder petrol (68 bhp / 90 newton-meter) and a 1.2-liter, 4-cylinder petrol engine (83 bhp / 113 newton-meter). Both engines are offered with manual and AMT transmission options.
9. Maruti S-Presso
- ARAI mileage: 21.7 km / l ( manual ), 21.4 km / l (AMT)
- Price Range: ₹ 3.7 – 4.99 Lakh ( Ex-showroom Delhi ).
- Pros: Good cabin space, powerful AC,
- Cons: overpriced, rear power windows and lack of adjustable headrests.
gives S-Presso a title of mini-SUV but except ground clearance you feel nothing like an SUV so please if you are planning to buy this car don’t except more from this car and this car comes in three variant Lxi , VXI, VXI+ only .
In conclusion if you are planning to buy car which is not only affordable but also have good looking design,fuel efficient and most importantly are reliable and have low maintenance cost, so you can go with our suggested top 9 most efficient cars in India, hope you like this article and tell us in the comment box which car you are going to buy out of these cars.
10-Tips To Improve Car Mileage – Updated 2021
New Toyota Fortuner 2021 – Latest News, Images And Price